Komodo (CURRENCY:KMD) traded down 3.5% against the U.S. dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 13:00 PM ET on April 1st. Komodo has a total market cap of $244.02 million and approximately $629,982.00 worth of Komodo was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. During the last week, Komodo has traded 24.3% lower against the U.S. dollar. One Komodo coin can now be bought for approximately $2.35 or 0.00034304 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including Upbit, Cryptopia, Bittrex and Binance.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded down 8.8% against the dollar and now trades at $41.35 or 0.00604831 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded 4.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $183.42 or 0.02682610 BTC.
- ZenCash (ZEN) traded 5.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $15.48 or 0.00226375 BTC.
- ZClassic (ZCL) traded down 17.6% against the dollar and now trades at $4.53 or 0.00066183 BTC.
- BitcoinZ (BTCZ) traded 1.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0027 or 0.00000040 BTC.
- Hush (HUSH) traded down 5.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.93 or 0.00013575 BTC.
- Zero (ZER) traded down 9.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.74 or 0.00010811 BTC.
- Bitgem (BTG) traded down 2.9% against the dollar and now trades at $4.70 or 0.00068802 BTC.
- VoteCoin (VOT) traded down 3.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0096 or 0.00000141 BTC.
- Bitcoin Private (BTCP) traded 4.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $23.00 or 0.00336409 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Komodo is a privacy-centric cryptocurrency that combines the anonymity of ZCash with the security of Bitcoin. Using a new consensus mechanism developed by the Komodo team, delayed Proof of Work, Komodo blocks can be notarized using the Bitcoin blockchain. KMD is issued through an Equihash-based PoW protocol, and the new block information is sent to pre-voted notary nodes. These nodes insert the Komodo block information on the BTC blockchain by creating a custom transaction. This system ensures that in order to “hack” komodo, one would have to rewrite both chains.Komodo uses Zero Knowledge Proofs to provide 100% anonymous transactions, that are now secured with Bitcoin's hash rate. “
Buying and Selling Komodo
Komodo can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: CoinExchange, HitBTC, Cryptox, Upbit, Cryptopia, Bittrex, BarterDEX and Binance. It is not possible to purchase Komodo directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Komodo must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Changelly, Coinbase or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Komodo using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Komodo Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Komodo and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.