Peercoin (CURRENCY:PPC) traded 7.1% lower against the U.S. dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 19:00 PM E.T. on April 21st. During the last week, Peercoin has traded up 24.6% against the U.S. dollar. One Peercoin coin can now be bought for about $2.38 or 0.00027024 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges including The Rock Trading, OpenLedger DEX, Tux Exchange and YoBit. Peercoin has a total market cap of $58.78 million and $956,401.00 worth of Peercoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 0.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $8,820.16 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 1.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1,141.88 or 0.12980800 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 4.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $3.06 or 0.00034787 BTC.
- Emercoin (EMC) traded down 2.4% against the dollar and now trades at $3.31 or 0.00037629 BTC.
- BitcoinDark (BTCD) traded up 0.4% against the dollar and now trades at $67.83 or 0.00771064 BTC.
- BitBean (BITB) traded down 1.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0255 or 0.00000172 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded down 2.4% against the dollar and now trades at $20.06 or 0.00228088 BTC.
- Experience Points (XP) traded 2.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0002 or 0.00000002 BTC.
- Steem Dollars (SBD) traded down 2% against the dollar and now trades at $3.24 or 0.00036803 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded up 0.5% against the dollar and now trades at $1.63 or 0.00018512 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “A peer-to-peer crypto-currency design derived from Satoshi Nakamoto's Bitcoin. Proof-of-Stake replaces Proof-of-Work to provide most of the network security. Under this hybrid design proof-of-work mainly provides initial minting and is largely non-essential in the long run. Security level of the network is not highly enery dependent thus providing an energy efficient and more cost-competitive peer-to-peer crypto-currency. Proof-of-Stake is based on coin age and generated by each node via a hashing scheme bearing similarity to Bitcoins but over limited search space. Block chain history and transaction settlement are further protected by a centrally broadcasted checkpoint mechanism. “
Buying and Selling Peercoin
Peercoin can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Bleutrade, Bit-Z, SouthXchange, Poloniex, Coingi, WEX, HitBTC, BX Thailand, The Rock Trading, OpenLedger DEX, Livecoin, LiteBit.eu, Cryptopia, Bittrex, Tux Exchange, YoBit and Bittylicious. It is usually not currently possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Peercoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Peercoin should first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as GDAX, Changelly or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Peercoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Peercoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Peercoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.