Monero (CURRENCY:XMR) traded up 9.1% against the U.S. dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 21:00 PM ET on April 22nd. Over the last seven days, Monero has traded up 39.2% against the U.S. dollar. One Monero coin can currently be bought for $276.33 or 0.03132890 BTC on major exchanges including Bittrex, Bithumb, Tux Exchange and Bitfinex. Monero has a total market cap of $4.41 billion and $146.25 million worth of Monero was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Bytecoin (BCN) traded up 2.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0049 or 0.00000055 BTC.
- DigitalNote (XDN) traded 1.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0136 or 0.00000154 BTC.
- Aeon (AEON) traded 5.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.13 or 0.00024138 BTC.
- Boolberry (BBR) traded up 11.8% against the dollar and now trades at $1.01 or 0.00011500 BTC.
- Interplanetary Broadcast Coin (IPBC) traded up 5.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.24 or 0.00002763 BTC.
- Sumokoin (SUMO) traded up 1.9% against the dollar and now trades at $1.53 or 0.00017394 BTC.
- Karbo (KRB) traded 0.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.53 or 0.00005991 BTC.
- IntenseCoin (ITNS) traded down 8.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0046 or 0.00000053 BTC.
- LeviarCoin (XLC) traded down 0.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0375 or 0.00000425 BTC.
- BitCoal (COAL) traded up 13.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0238 or 0.00000270 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Monero (XMR) is a cryptonight algorithm based alternative crypto currency. The coin is based on Proof of Work and has a block reward that varies smoothly. The difficulty retargets every block with a sixty second block target. Monero uses a Ring Signature system to protect your privacy, allowing users to make untraceable transactions. “
Monero Coin Trading
Monero can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Mercatox, Upbit, Exrates, Coinroom, Tux Exchange, Kraken, SouthXchange, Bisq, Binance, OKEx, Bithumb, Braziliex, Exmo, Cryptopia, Qryptos, BTC-Alpha, LiteBit.eu, Livecoin, Gate.io, Cryptox, Abucoins, Bittrex, Bitfinex, Cryptomate, HitBTC and Poloniex. It is usually not currently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Monero directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Monero should first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, Changelly or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Monero using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Monero Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Monero and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.