istar Inc (NYSE:STAR) major shareholder Istar Inc. purchased 2,455 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Wednesday, November 7th. The stock was bought at an average cost of $18.41 per share, for a total transaction of $45,196.55. Following the purchase, the insider now directly owns 7,487,326 shares in the company, valued at approximately $137,841,671.66. The acquisition was disclosed in a document filed with the SEC, which can be accessed through this hyperlink. Major shareholders that own more than 10% of a company’s shares are required to disclose their transactions with the SEC.
Istar Inc. also recently made the following trade(s):
- On Monday, November 5th, Istar Inc. purchased 4,104 shares of istar stock. The stock was bought at an average cost of $18.03 per share, for a total transaction of $73,995.12.
- On Friday, November 2nd, Istar Inc. acquired 5,854 shares of istar stock. The shares were acquired at an average price of $17.95 per share, with a total value of $105,079.30.
- On Wednesday, October 31st, Istar Inc. acquired 5,929 shares of istar stock. The shares were acquired at an average price of $17.70 per share, with a total value of $104,943.30.
- On Monday, October 29th, Istar Inc. acquired 7,137 shares of istar stock. The shares were acquired at an average price of $17.57 per share, with a total value of $125,397.09.
- On Friday, October 26th, Istar Inc. acquired 8,200 shares of istar stock. The shares were acquired at an average price of $17.70 per share, with a total value of $145,140.00.
- On Thursday, September 13th, Istar Inc. acquired 3,924 shares of istar stock. The shares were acquired at an average price of $16.90 per share, with a total value of $66,315.60.
- On Thursday, September 6th, Istar Inc. acquired 129,600 shares of istar stock. The shares were acquired at an average price of $16.35 per share, with a total value of $2,118,960.00.
Shares of NYSE STAR opened at $10.62 on Friday. istar Inc has a one year low of $9.75 and a one year high of $11.88. The stock has a market cap of $721.82 million, a price-to-earnings ratio of 8.78 and a beta of 0.90. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 3.05, a current ratio of 7.34 and a quick ratio of 7.34.
The firm also recently disclosed a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Friday, November 30th. Shareholders of record on Thursday, November 15th will be given a dividend of $0.09 per share. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Wednesday, November 14th. This represents a $0.36 dividend on an annualized basis and a yield of 3.39%. istar’s payout ratio is presently 15.58%.
A number of equities research analysts have commented on the company. Zacks Investment Research lowered istar from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating in a research report on Saturday, November 3rd. ValuEngine lowered istar from a “sell” rating to a “strong sell” rating in a research report on Tuesday, August 7th. One analyst has rated the stock with a sell rating and three have given a hold rating to the company. The stock presently has an average rating of “Hold” and a consensus target price of $12.00.
Hedge funds and other institutional investors have recently made changes to their positions in the business. SG Americas Securities LLC acquired a new stake in shares of istar during the 2nd quarter valued at about $147,000. Piedmont Investment Advisors Inc. lifted its holdings in shares of istar by 1,281.1% during the 3rd quarter. Piedmont Investment Advisors Inc. now owns 15,606 shares of the real estate investment trust’s stock valued at $174,000 after buying an additional 14,476 shares during the last quarter. Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Public School Empls Retrmt SYS acquired a new stake in shares of istar during the 3rd quarter valued at about $181,000. Mcclain Value Management LLC acquired a new stake in shares of istar during the 3rd quarter valued at about $202,000. Finally, Teachers Retirement System of The State of Kentucky acquired a new stake in shares of istar during the 3rd quarter valued at about $244,000. Hedge funds and other institutional investors own 83.66% of the company’s stock.
ILLEGAL ACTIVITY NOTICE: This report was originally posted by WKRB News and is owned by of WKRB News. If you are accessing this report on another website, it was illegally copied and reposted in violation of United States & international copyright and trademark law. The legal version of this report can be read at https://www.wkrb13.com/2018/11/11/insider-buying-istar-inc-star-major-shareholder-buys-45196-55-in-stock.html.
iStar (NYSE: STAR) finances, invests in and develops real estate and real estate related projects as part of its fully-integrated investment platform. Building on over two decades of experience and $40 billion of transactions, iStar brings uncommon capabilities and new ways of thinking to commercial real estate and adapts its investment strategy to changing market conditions.
Further Reading: What is a closed-end mutual fund (CEF)?
Receive News & Ratings for istar Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for istar and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.