Namecoin (CURRENCY:NMC) traded up 1% against the US dollar during the one day period ending at 10:00 AM Eastern on June 12th. Over the last week, Namecoin has traded 8.3% higher against the US dollar. One Namecoin coin can currently be bought for approximately $0.58 or 0.00007274 BTC on exchanges including SouthXchange, Bleutrade, Trade By Trade and Cryptopia. Namecoin has a total market capitalization of $8.58 million and $8,481.00 worth of Namecoin was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 2.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $8,000.95 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded up 1.8% against the dollar and now trades at $389.90 or 0.04885595 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded up 2.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.43 or 0.00005425 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded 3.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $116.80 or 0.01463541 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded 56.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.70 or 0.00033769 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded 4.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.17 or 0.00002068 BTC.
- ATBCoin (ATB) traded 1.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0137 or 0.00000171 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded 1.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0234 or 0.00000293 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0205 or 0.00000392 BTC.
- Zetacoin (ZET) traded up 4.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0020 or 0.00000025 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “It is based on the code of bitcoin and uses the same proof-of-work algorithm. It is limited to 21 million coins. Each Namecoin record consists of a key and a value which can be up to 520 bytes in size. Each key is actually a path, with the namespace preceding the name of the record. The key d/example signifies a record stored in the DNS namespace d with the name example and corresponds to the record for the example.bit website. The content of d/example is expected to conform to the DNS namespace specification. The current fee for a record is 0.01 NMC and records expire after 36000 blocks (~200 days) unless updated or renewed. Namecoins used to purchase records are marked as used and destroyed, as giving the fee to miners would enable larger miners to register names at a significant discount. “
Namecoin Coin Trading
Namecoin can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Altcoin Trader, Bleutrade, Poloniex, Trade By Trade, Livecoin, YoBit, Cryptopia, Bittylicious, C-Patex, Tux Exchange, BX Thailand, SouthXchange, Bitsane and WEX. It is usually not possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Namecoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Namecoin should first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Changelly, Gemini or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Namecoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Namecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Namecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.