Zcash (CURRENCY:ZEC) traded up 0.7% against the US dollar during the 1-day period ending at 13:00 PM Eastern on September 7th. One Zcash coin can currently be purchased for approximately $46.48 or 0.00447865 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges including Tux Exchange, Kraken, YoBit and BCEX. In the last week, Zcash has traded up 4.3% against the US dollar. Zcash has a total market cap of $342.24 million and $154.15 million worth of Zcash was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded 1.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $10.57 or 0.00101796 BTC.
- Horizen (ZEN) traded down 2% against the dollar and now trades at $4.17 or 0.00039630 BTC.
- ZClassic (ZCL) traded 9.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.35 or 0.00003352 BTC.
- CrypticCoin (CRYP) traded 2.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0005 or 0.00000005 BTC.
- Bitcoin Interest (BCI) traded down 8.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0530 or 0.00000511 BTC.
- Bitcoin Private (BTCP) traded 3.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.20 or 0.00001917 BTC.
- BitcoinZ (BTCZ) traded 3.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0001 or 0.00000001 BTC.
- Zero (ZER) traded 14.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0435 or 0.00000418 BTC.
- Hush (HUSH) traded 5.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0475 or 0.00000456 BTC.
- Bitgem (BTG) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $2.79 or 0.00034116 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “zk-SNARKsThe BasicZcash is the first widespread application of zk-SNARKs, a novel form of zero-knowledge cryptography. The strong privacy guarantee of Zcash is derived from the fact that shielded transactions in Zcash can be fully encrypted on the blockchain, yet still be verified as valid under the network’s consensus rules by using zk-SNARK proofs. The acronym zk-SNARK stands for “Zero-Knowledge Succinct Non-Interactive Argument of Knowledge,” and refers to a proof construction where one can prove possession of certain information, e.g. a secret key, without revealing that information, and without any interaction between the prover and verifier. “Zero-knowledge” proofs allow one party (the prover) to prove to another (the verifier) that a statement is true, without revealing any information beyond the validity of the statement itself. For example, given the hash of a random number, the prover could convince the verifier that there indeed exists a number with this hash value, without revealing what it is. Application to ZCASHIn order to have zero-knowledge privacy in Zcash, the function determining the validity of a transaction according to the network’s consensus rules must return the answer of whether the transaction is valid or not, without revealing any of the information it performed the calculations on. This is done by encoding some of the network's consensus rules in zk-SNARKs. At a high level, zk-SNARKs work by first turning what you want to prove into an equivalent form about knowing a solution to some algebraic equations. In the following section, we give a brief overview of how the rules for determining a valid transaction get transformed into equations that can then be evaluated on a candidate solution without revealing any sensitive information to the parties verifying the equations. “
Zcash Coin Trading
Zcash can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Bitlish, C2CX, Cryptohub, Bithumb, BX Thailand, Binance, OTCBTC, LiteBit.eu, BTC Trade UA, Graviex, Cryptomate, HitBTC, Waves Decentralized Exchange, Ovis, Trade Satoshi, Bitinka, LBank, Altcoin Trader, Gate.io, Poloniex, Liquid, Huobi, YoBit, Tux Exchange, Sistemkoin, CEX.IO, Kuna, Instant Bitex, OKEx, Cryptopia, Gemini, Kraken, BigONE, GOPAX, Coinroom, Braziliex, LocalTrade, Coinrail, Bit-Z, Bitfinex, Coinut, BCEX, Mercatox, Bittrex, Allcoin, BitBay, Crex24, CoinExchange, CoinEx, Exmo, WEX, BiteBTC, BTC-Alpha and Upbit. It is usually not possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Zcash directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Zcash should first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Changelly, Gemini or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Zcash using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Zcash Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Zcash and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.