XRP (CURRENCY:XRP) traded down 6.1% against the US dollar during the one day period ending at 20:00 PM E.T. on November 22nd. One XRP coin can currently be purchased for about $0.23 or 0.00003180 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including Bitsane, BCEX, C2CX and Exrates. XRP has a market capitalization of $9.94 billion and approximately $2.00 billion worth of XRP was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. In the last week, XRP has traded down 12.4% against the US dollar.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Tether (USDT) traded 0.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00013903 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded 9.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $15.34 or 0.00212488 BTC.
- Bitcoin SV (BSV) traded down 5.7% against the dollar and now trades at $95.29 or 0.01319677 BTC.
- Stellar (XLM) traded 3.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0593 or 0.00000821 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded down 8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0142 or 0.00000197 BTC.
- Chainlink (LINK) traded down 10.3% against the dollar and now trades at $2.31 or 0.00031944 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded down 13.4% against the dollar and now trades at $9.60 or 0.00132916 BTC.
- COZ (COZ) traded 26.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.22 or 0.00004541 BTC.
- Crypto.com Chain (CRO) traded 0.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0381 or 0.00000379 BTC.
- Basic Attention Token (BAT) traded 1.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.22 or 0.00003035 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “The Ledger and ConsensusThe Ripple protocol is, at its core, a shared public database. This database includes a ledger, which serves to track accounts and the balances associated with them. The ledger is a distributed database — a perfect, shared record of accounts, balances, and transactions in the Ripple protocol. It is continually and automatically updated by the Ripple Transaction Protocol (RTXP) so that an identical ledger exists on thousands of servers around the world. At any time, anybody can review the ledger and see a record of all activity on the Ripple protocol. When changes are made to the ledger, computers connected to the Ripple protocol will mutually agree to the changes via a process called consensus. The Ripple protocol reaches consensus globally within seconds of a change being made. The consensus finding process is the engineering breakthrough that allows for fast, secure, and decentralized transaction settlement on the Ripple protocol. The World’s First Distributed ExchangeNo one owns or controls the Ripple protocol. It runs on computers around the world, all working together to continually maintain a perfect, shared record of accounts, balances, and transactions. Distributed networks offer many efficiencies over centralized networks. Because the network is “self-clearing”, it eliminates the need for a centralized network operator (and gets rid of the associated layer of fees). Because there is no single point of failure, distributed networks are more reliable. They also tend to be more secure, due to their open source nature.”
Buying and Selling XRP
XRP can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: ZB.COM, Stellar Decentralized Exchange, Binance, Gatehub, Koinex, Bitinka, Liquid, Ripple China, Kraken, Korbit, Coinhub, OpenLedger DEX, CoinBene, WazirX, Exrates, OKEx, Coinone, BCEX, CoinFalcon, Indodax, C2CX, Bitsane, Stellarport, CoinEgg, Kuna, DigiFinex, CEX.IO, Gate.io, BtcTurk, Upbit, BTC Markets, Fatbtc, OTCBTC, Bitbank, DragonEX, Exmo, Coinrail, Ovis, Bitfinex, ABCC, Bitso, Instant Bitex, Koineks, Bitlish, Cryptomate, Bitstamp, FCoin, Tripe Dice Exchange, Coinsuper, BX Thailand, Bittrex, Zebpay, BTC Trade UA, Coindeal, Huobi, Bithumb, Sistemkoin, Coinsquare, MBAex, Cryptohub, Bitstamp (Ripple Gateway), LiteBit.eu, Bitbns, BitBay, Poloniex, HitBTC, Altcoin Trader, Braziliex, LakeBTC, B2BX, GOPAX, RippleFox, BitMarket, Independent Reserve, Vebitcoin, Covesting, BitFlip, Coinbe and Bits Blockchain. It is usually not presently possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as XRP directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade XRP should first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, Gemini or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase XRP using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for XRP Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for XRP and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.