Media coverage about BAE Systems (LON:BA) has trended very negative this week, InfoTrie reports. The research firm rates the sentiment of news coverage by monitoring more than 6,000 blog and news sources in real time. The firm ranks coverage of publicly-traded companies on a scale of -5 to 5, with scores closest to five being the most favorable. BAE Systems earned a daily sentiment score of -3.24 on their scale. InfoTrie also assigned media stories about the company an news buzz score of 2 out of 10, meaning that recent news coverage is very unlikely to have an impact on the company’s share price in the next several days.
Here are some of the headlines that may have effected BAE Systems’ analysis:
- BAE Systems Inspires Local Middle School Students to Pursue STEM at Annual Mathalon (wicz.com)
- Lawful Interception Market Set for Rapid Growth During 2019 – 2026 | Cisco, Utimaco, SSI Pacific, Ericsson, Kommlabs Dezign, BAE Systems, IPS (marketwatch.com)
- Defence Vehicle Market 2019 Global Outlook – BAE Systems, General Dynamics Land Systems, Lockheed Martin, Oshkosh (marketwatch.com)
- BAE, Jaunt Air Mobility Collaborate On Electric Energy Management Systems (aero-news.net)
- Airborne Surveillance Market (2020-2029) Strategic Assessment by Top Players | Axis Communications AB, BAE Systems, L-3 Communications (apnews.com)
BA has been the subject of several research analyst reports. Barclays reaffirmed an “equal weight” rating and set a GBX 550 ($7.19) price target on shares of BAE Systems in a research report on Wednesday, November 13th. Credit Suisse Group increased their price target on shares of BAE Systems from GBX 610 ($7.97) to GBX 620 ($8.10) and gave the stock an “outperform” rating in a research note on Wednesday, November 13th. DZ Bank lifted their price target on shares of BAE Systems from GBX 630 ($8.23) to GBX 660 ($8.62) and gave the company a “buy” rating in a report on Friday, November 8th. UBS Group reissued a “neutral” rating on shares of BAE Systems in a research note on Thursday, September 12th. Finally, Deutsche Bank restated a “buy” rating on shares of BAE Systems in a report on Friday, November 8th. Three research analysts have rated the stock with a hold rating and six have assigned a buy rating to the company. BAE Systems has an average rating of “Buy” and a consensus price target of GBX 600.33 ($7.84).
About BAE Systems
BAE Systems plc operates as a defense, aerospace, and security company worldwide. Its Electronic Systems segment offers electronic warfare systems and electro-optical sensors, military and commercial digital engine and flight controls, precision guidance and seeker solutions, military communication systems and data links, persistent surveillance systems, and hybrid electric drive systems.
Recommended Story: What is the Difference Between Common Shares and Convertible Shares?
Receive News & Ratings for BAE Systems Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for BAE Systems and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.