Litecoin (CURRENCY:LTC) traded 0.2% lower against the US dollar during the 1 day period ending at 20:00 PM E.T. on September 16th. In the last seven days, Litecoin has traded 1.4% lower against the US dollar. One Litecoin coin can now be purchased for $48.03 or 0.00438191 BTC on major exchanges. Litecoin has a market capitalization of $3.14 billion and $1.67 billion worth of Litecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Advanced Internet Blocks (AIB) traded up 3.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0518 or 0.00000473 BTC.
- UNUS SED LEO (LEO) traded up 1.5% against the dollar and now trades at $1.16 or 0.00010579 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded up 0.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0028 or 0.00000026 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded up 3.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0853 or 0.00000778 BTC.
- Verge (XVG) traded 2.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0045 or 0.00000041 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded up 1.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0632 or 0.00000576 BTC.
- XeniosCoin (XNC) traded 8.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.39 or 0.00003533 BTC.
- Hellenic Coin (HNC) traded up 2.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.36 or 0.00003320 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded down 3.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0416 or 0.00000379 BTC.
- TTC Protocol (TTC) traded 5.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0992 or 0.00001073 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Litecoin LTC – provides faster transaction confirmations (2.5 minutes on average) and uses a memory-hard, scrypt-based mining proof-of-work algorithm to target the regular computers and GPUs most people already have – which are its main differentials to Bitcoin. The Litecoin network is scheduled to produce 84 million currency units with a halving in reward every four years just like bitcoin. The coin was created by a Google employee, Charles Lee. Litecoin is in second spot to Bitcoin and has spawned numerous clones – however it has a solid base of support and dedicated development team. The Litecoin project is currently maintained by a core group of 6 software developers, led by Charles Lee, with a large community that is growing in support. In May 2017, Litecoin became the first of the Top 5 (By Market Cap) cryptocurrencies to implement the SegWit scaling solution. Later in May of the same year, the first Lightning Network transaction was completed through litecoin, transferring 0.00000001 LTC from Zurich to San Francisco in under one second. “
Litecoin Coin Trading
Litecoin can be bought or sold on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: . Investors seeking to acquire Litecoin using US dollars directly can do so using GDAX, Changelly or Coinbase.
Receive News & Updates for Litecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Litecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.