Zcash (CURRENCY:ZEC) traded up 1.5% against the US dollar during the 1 day period ending at 18:00 PM Eastern on September 26th. Zcash has a total market cap of $567.62 million and $207.72 million worth of Zcash was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Zcash coin can now be bought for about $56.07 or 0.00521227 BTC on popular exchanges including Ovis, Cryptomate, Altcoin Trader and Trade Satoshi. During the last week, Zcash has traded down 3.6% against the US dollar.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded up 0.5% against the dollar and now trades at $7.95 or 0.00073915 BTC.
- Horizen (ZEN) traded 1.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $5.93 or 0.00055163 BTC.
- Alchemy Pay (ACH) traded 0.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0171 or 0.00000159 BTC.
- ZClassic (ZCL) traded up 0.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.19 or 0.00001787 BTC.
- Zero (ZER) traded 0.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0935 or 0.00000869 BTC.
- Hush (HUSH) traded down 13.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0663 or 0.00000616 BTC.
- BitcoinZ (BTCZ) traded down 4.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0001 or 0.00000001 BTC.
- Bitcoin Private (BTCP) traded down 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.11 or 0.00001000 BTC.
- Bitgem (BTG) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $2.79 or 0.00034116 BTC.
- CrypticCoin (CRYP) traded up 0% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0000 or 0.00000000 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “zk-SNARKsThe BasicZcash is the first widespread application of zk-SNARKs, a novel form of zero-knowledge cryptography. The strong privacy guarantee of Zcash is derived from the fact that shielded transactions in Zcash can be fully encrypted on the blockchain, yet still be verified as valid under the network’s consensus rules by using zk-SNARK proofs. The acronym zk-SNARK stands for “Zero-Knowledge Succinct Non-Interactive Argument of Knowledge,” and refers to a proof construction where one can prove possession of certain information, e.g. a secret key, without revealing that information, and without any interaction between the prover and verifier. “Zero-knowledge” proofs allow one party (the prover) to prove to another (the verifier) that a statement is true, without revealing any information beyond the validity of the statement itself. For example, given the hash of a random number, the prover could convince the verifier that there indeed exists a number with this hash value, without revealing what it is. Application to ZCASHIn order to have zero-knowledge privacy in Zcash, the function determining the validity of a transaction according to the network’s consensus rules must return the answer of whether the transaction is valid or not, without revealing any of the information it performed the calculations on. This is done by encoding some of the network's consensus rules in zk-SNARKs. At a high level, zk-SNARKs work by first turning what you want to prove into an equivalent form about knowing a solution to some algebraic equations. In the following section, we give a brief overview of how the rules for determining a valid transaction get transformed into equations that can then be evaluated on a candidate solution without revealing any sensitive information to the parties verifying the equations. “
Buying and Selling Zcash
Zcash can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: WEX, Graviex, Bit-Z, Liquid, Coinrail, OKEx, Upbit, Bithumb, GOPAX, Tux Exchange, Exmo, Instant Bitex, Cryptomate, Trade Satoshi, HitBTC, Sistemkoin, Binance, Allcoin, YoBit, CEX.IO, Braziliex, LBank, LocalTrade, Bitfinex, Coinut, BCEX, Bitlish, BitBay, Gemini, CoinExchange, BTC-Alpha, C2CX, Gate.io, Mercatox, BigONE, BTC Trade UA, Poloniex, Altcoin Trader, Crex24, Huobi, Cryptohub, Coinroom, BiteBTC, LiteBit.eu, BX Thailand, Bittrex, Kuna, Kraken, Cryptopia, Bitinka, CoinEx, OTCBTC, Ovis and Waves Decentralized Exchange. It is usually not currently possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Zcash directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Zcash should first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Changelly, Gemini or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Zcash using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Zcash Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Zcash and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.