Filecoin (CURRENCY:FIL) traded up 4.5% against the US dollar during the one day period ending at 16:00 PM Eastern on April 8th. Filecoin has a total market capitalization of $9.87 billion and $2.42 billion worth of Filecoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Filecoin coin can currently be bought for approximately $151.36 or 0.00261572 BTC on exchanges. Over the last week, Filecoin has traded 25.4% lower against the US dollar.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- XRP (XRP) traded 13.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.02 or 0.00001769 BTC.
- Tether (USDT) traded up 0% against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00001730 BTC.
- Polkadot (DOT) traded 7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $41.00 or 0.00070861 BTC.
- Klaytn (KLAY) traded 0.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $3.17 or 0.00005480 BTC.
- Kusama (KSM) traded up 7.8% against the dollar and now trades at $449.48 or 0.00776756 BTC.
- Bitcoin BEP2 (BTCB) traded 4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $57,736.60 or 0.99776023 BTC.
- KnoxFS (old) (KFX) traded 4.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $19.25 or 0.00049793 BTC.
- THORChain (RUNE) traded 13% higher against the dollar and now trades at $10.14 or 0.00017525 BTC.
- Wrapped BNB (WBNB) traded 11.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $413.94 or 0.00715339 BTC.
- Bridge Oracle (BRG) traded 0.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.26 or 0.00000450 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Filecoin is a decentralized storage network that turns cloud storage into an algorithmic market. The market runs on a blockchain with a native protocol token (also called “Filecoin”), which miners earn by providing storage to clients. Conversely, clients spend Filecoin hiring miners to store or distribute data. Filecoin miners compete to mine blocks with sizable rewards, but Filecoin mining power is proportional to active storage, which directly provides a useful service to clients. “
Buying and Selling Filecoin
It is usually not presently possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Filecoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Filecoin should first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as GDAX, Changelly or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Filecoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Filecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Filecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.