SolarCoin (CURRENCY:SLR) traded up 1.5% against the US dollar during the 1-day period ending at 12:00 PM ET on April 8th. One SolarCoin coin can currently be bought for $0.0248 or 0.00000043 BTC on major exchanges. SolarCoin has a total market capitalization of $1.61 million and $3,339.00 worth of SolarCoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. Over the last seven days, SolarCoin has traded down 0.1% against the US dollar.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Litecoin (LTC) traded up 3% against the dollar and now trades at $225.48 or 0.00390026 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded up 4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0611 or 0.00000106 BTC.
- UNUS SED LEO (LEO) traded up 1.4% against the dollar and now trades at $2.11 or 0.00003649 BTC.
- Verge (XVG) traded up 2.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0456 or 0.00000079 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded 16.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.46 or 0.00000796 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded 1.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.17 or 0.00000298 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded 2.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.39 or 0.00000672 BTC.
- Hellenic Coin (HNC) traded 5.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $3.03 or 0.00005249 BTC.
- XeniosCoin (XNC) traded up 13% against the dollar and now trades at $1.52 or 0.00002626 BTC.
- Einsteinium (EMC2) traded up 14.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.36 or 0.00000618 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “SolarCoin (SOLAR) is a coin to increase the adoption and reward photovoltaic power production. The coin is a scrypt Proof of Work crypto currency with a block time of 60 seconds. The initial 100 block reward halves every year and the difficulty adjusts every 1440 blocks. There is 140 character transaction messaging. “
Buying and Selling SolarCoin
It is usually not presently possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as SolarCoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade SolarCoin should first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Coinbase, GDAX or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase SolarCoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for SolarCoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for SolarCoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.