MonaCoin (CURRENCY:MONA) traded 2.7% higher against the US dollar during the 1-day period ending at 18:00 PM Eastern on April 10th. One MonaCoin coin can currently be purchased for about $2.28 or 0.00003841 BTC on popular exchanges. MonaCoin has a market cap of $149.76 million and approximately $10.48 million worth of MonaCoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. Over the last seven days, MonaCoin has traded up 11% against the US dollar.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded up 1.2% against the dollar and now trades at $59,321.12 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Ethereum (ETH) traded up 1.9% against the dollar and now trades at $2,120.92 or 0.03575321 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded 9.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $246.24 or 0.00415093 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded up 5% against the dollar and now trades at $674.91 or 0.01137729 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded 1.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0633 or 0.00000107 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded 5.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $292.05 or 0.00492320 BTC.
- Bitcoin SV (BSV) traded 2.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $268.80 or 0.00453132 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded up 5.5% against the dollar and now trades at $205.45 or 0.00346334 BTC.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) traded up 6.1% against the dollar and now trades at $20.24 or 0.00034111 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded up 12.5% against the dollar and now trades at $121.10 or 0.00204143 BTC.
MonaCoin Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Monacoin, conceived in December of 2013, is the first alternative cryptocurrency developed in Japan. It is based on the popular ASCII art character, Mona. Monacoin is not a payment system controlled by one single entity, but a fully distributed payment system preserved by everyone who uses it via client applications running on their computers. “
Buying and Selling MonaCoin
It is usually not possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as MonaCoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire MonaCoin should first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as GDAX, Coinbase or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase MonaCoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for MonaCoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for MonaCoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.