XRP (CURRENCY:XRP) traded 4.1% higher against the U.S. dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 14:00 PM Eastern on July 22nd. During the last week, XRP has traded 0.2% lower against the U.S. dollar. One XRP coin can now be bought for about $0.60 or 0.00001846 BTC on popular exchanges. XRP has a market cap of $27.57 billion and $2.64 billion worth of XRP was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Tether (USDT) traded 0% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00003098 BTC.
- Polkadot (DOT) traded 5.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $13.17 or 0.00040788 BTC.
- Internet Computer (ICP) traded 3.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $34.32 or 0.00106321 BTC.
- Filecoin (FIL) traded down 1.5% against the dollar and now trades at $45.97 or 0.00142415 BTC.
- KnoxFS (old) (KFX) traded 4.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $19.25 or 0.00049793 BTC.
- SHIBA INU (SHIB) traded 3.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0000 or 0.00000000 BTC.
- Klaytn (KLAY) traded 1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.95 or 0.00002954 BTC.
- Bitcoin BEP2 (BTCB) traded 0.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $32,244.88 or 0.99893428 BTC.
- Fei Protocol (FEI) traded down 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00003099 BTC.
- Counos X (CCXX) traded 1.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $102.73 or 0.00318247 BTC.
XRP Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “The Ledger and ConsensusThe Ripple protocol is, at its core, a shared public database. This database includes a ledger, which serves to track accounts and the balances associated with them. The ledger is a distributed database — a perfect, shared record of accounts, balances, and transactions in the Ripple protocol. It is continually and automatically updated by the Ripple Transaction Protocol (RTXP) so that an identical ledger exists on thousands of servers around the world. At any time, anybody can review the ledger and see a record of all activity on the Ripple protocol. When changes are made to the ledger, computers connected to the Ripple protocol will mutually agree to the changes via a process called consensus. The Ripple protocol reaches consensus globally within seconds of a change being made. The consensus finding process is the engineering breakthrough that allows for fast, secure, and decentralized transaction settlement on the Ripple protocol. The World’s First Distributed ExchangeNo one owns or controls the Ripple protocol. It runs on computers around the world, all working together to continually maintain a perfect, shared record of accounts, balances, and transactions. Distributed networks offer many efficiencies over centralized networks. Because the network is “self-clearing”, it eliminates the need for a centralized network operator (and gets rid of the associated layer of fees). Because there is no single point of failure, distributed networks are more reliable. They also tend to be more secure, due to their open source nature. “
Buying and Selling XRP
It is usually not presently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as XRP directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade XRP should first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as GDAX, Coinbase or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy XRP using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for XRP Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for XRP and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.