Zcash (CURRENCY:ZEC) traded up 5.8% against the US dollar during the one day period ending at 15:00 PM E.T. on July 22nd. During the last seven days, Zcash has traded down 3.5% against the US dollar. Zcash has a market cap of $1.18 billion and $212.93 million worth of Zcash was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Zcash coin can now be purchased for $96.58 or 0.00299166 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded up 3.4% against the dollar and now trades at $38.42 or 0.00119023 BTC.
- Horizen (ZEN) traded 4.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $48.63 or 0.00150633 BTC.
- Pirate Chain (ARRR) traded up 2.6% against the dollar and now trades at $2.19 or 0.00006794 BTC.
- Bitcoin Private (BTCP) traded up 6.8% against the dollar and now trades at $1.03 or 0.00003180 BTC.
- Alchemy Pay (ACH) traded 2.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0015 or 0.00000004 BTC.
- BitcoinZ (BTCZ) traded up 11.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0003 or 0.00000001 BTC.
- Hush (HUSH) traded down 16.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.14 or 0.00000431 BTC.
- ZClassic (ZCL) traded 0.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.14 or 0.00000448 BTC.
- Zero (ZER) traded 0.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0895 or 0.00000277 BTC.
- Bitcoin Interest (BCI) traded 1.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0045 or 0.00000014 BTC.
Zcash Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “zk-SNARKsThe BasicZcash is the first widespread application of zk-SNARKs, a novel form of zero-knowledge cryptography. The strong privacy guarantee of Zcash is derived from the fact that shielded transactions in Zcash can be fully encrypted on the blockchain, yet still be verified as valid under the network’s consensus rules by using zk-SNARK proofs. The acronym zk-SNARK stands for “Zero-Knowledge Succinct Non-Interactive Argument of Knowledge,” and refers to a proof construction where one can prove possession of certain information, e.g. a secret key, without revealing that information, and without any interaction between the prover and verifier. “Zero-knowledge” proofs allow one party (the prover) to prove to another (the verifier) that a statement is true, without revealing any information beyond the validity of the statement itself. For example, given the hash of a random number, the prover could convince the verifier that there indeed exists a number with this hash value, without revealing what it is. Application to ZCASHIn order to have zero-knowledge privacy in Zcash, the function determining the validity of a transaction according to the network’s consensus rules must return the answer of whether the transaction is valid or not, without revealing any of the information it performed the calculations on. This is done by encoding some of the network's consensus rules in zk-SNARKs. At a high level, zk-SNARKs work by first turning what you want to prove into an equivalent form about knowing a solution to some algebraic equations. In the following section, we give a brief overview of how the rules for determining a valid transaction get transformed into equations that can then be evaluated on a candidate solution without revealing any sensitive information to the parties verifying the equations. “
Buying and Selling Zcash
It is usually not presently possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Zcash directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Zcash should first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Changelly, Coinbase or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Zcash using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Zcash Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Zcash and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.