Monero (XMR) traded 5.5% lower against the US dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 0:00 AM ET on January 24th. During the last seven days, Monero has traded down 2.5% against the US dollar. Monero has a market capitalization of $3.08 billion and $85.90 million worth of Monero was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Monero coin can now be bought for about $168.95 or 0.00746436 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 1.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $22,633.66 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded 6.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0842 or 0.00000372 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded 3.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $87.65 or 0.00387259 BTC.
- UNUS SED LEO (LEO) traded 0.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $3.46 or 0.00015304 BTC.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) traded 6.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $21.27 or 0.00093959 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded down 5.9% against the dollar and now trades at $128.54 or 0.00567927 BTC.
- DEI (DEI) traded 0.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.26 or 0.00001164 BTC.
- Pax Dollar (USDP) traded down 0.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.99 or 0.00004394 BTC.
- Bitcoin SV (BSV) traded 5.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $42.42 or 0.00187427 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded 5.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $44.58 or 0.00196952 BTC.
Monero is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the RandomX hashing algorithm. Its genesis date was April 18th, 2014. Monero’s total supply is 18,231,439 coins. The official website for Monero is www.getmonero.org. The official message board for Monero is forum.getmonero.org. The Reddit community for Monero is https://reddit.com/r/monero and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Monero’s official Twitter account is @monero and its Facebook page is accessible here.
Monero Coin Trading
It is usually not currently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Monero directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Monero should first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Gemini, Changelly or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Monero using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Monero Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Monero and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.