DigiByte (DGB) traded up 0.8% against the US dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 14:00 PM Eastern on November 20th. In the last week, DigiByte has traded down 4.4% against the US dollar. One DigiByte coin can now be purchased for about $0.0081 or 0.00000021 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges. DigiByte has a market cap of $134.75 million and approximately $3.08 million worth of DigiByte was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded up 2.3% against the dollar and now trades at $37,709.67 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded 0.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0798 or 0.00000212 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded up 0.2% against the dollar and now trades at $70.29 or 0.00186404 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded down 0.3% against the dollar and now trades at $228.17 or 0.00605061 BTC.
- UNUS SED LEO (LEO) traded down 3.9% against the dollar and now trades at $3.92 or 0.00010406 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded up 0% against the dollar and now trades at $163.89 or 0.00434607 BTC.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) traded up 2.2% against the dollar and now trades at $19.75 or 0.00052368 BTC.
- DEI (DEI) traded down 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0120 or 0.00000032 BTC.
- Bitcoin SV (BSV) traded up 1.1% against the dollar and now trades at $48.18 or 0.00127771 BTC.
- NyanCoin (NYAN) traded 2.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2.40 or 0.00008809 BTC.
DigiByte (DGB) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Multiple hashing algorithm. Its launch date was January 12th, 2014. DigiByte’s total supply is 16,645,608,498 coins. DigiByte’s official Twitter account is @digibytecoin and its Facebook page is accessible here. DigiByte’s official message board is dgbforum.com. The official website for DigiByte is digibyte.org. The Reddit community for DigiByte is https://reddit.com/r/digibyte and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here.
DigiByte: Refers to the entire DigiByte network or a single monetary unit on the payment network. 21 billion DigiBytes will be created over 21 years.
Block: A grouping of all transactions sent over the DigiByte network within a 30 second time frame. Think of a block as an excel spreadsheet that lists the address location of all DigiBytes at a given point in time in history. New DigiBytes are brought into circulation as each block is discovered on the network through a process called mining.
Mining: Mining is how transactions are processed on the network. Anyone can become a miner by donating and using their desktop, laptop or mobile phone computing power to help process transactions on the DigiByte network. DigiByte has made this process even easier with our 3 click mining software for beginners.
Blockchain: The DigiByte blockchain is the entire history of all blocks discovered on the network & therefore all transactions made on the network. Each block references the proceeding block all the way back to the beginning of the network to what is known as the genesis block. By linking blocks (spreadsheets) together an accurate, secure accounting of all up to date DigiByte ownership is made by decentralized consensus.”
Buying and Selling DigiByte
It is usually not currently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as DigiByte directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade DigiByte should first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, Gemini or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy DigiByte using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for DigiByte Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for DigiByte and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.